1. Corn or maize provides two types of dietary fiber and they are soluble dietary fiber and insoluble dietary fiber.
2. Dietary fiber is very helpful for us. Because it helps us to reduce blood cholesterol levels and by this way the risk of heart diseases is reduced.
3. The insoluble fiber prevent cholesterol from being absorbed into the bloodstream.
4. Insoluble fiber also helps to prevent constipation and maintain regularity.
5. The risk for hemorrhoids also reduced by Insoluble fiber.
6. Risk of Type 2 diabetes also reduced if we take Dietary fiber from fruits or vegetables or grains like maize.
7. It has proved that if we intake high amount of lutein and zeaxanthin there is a possibility of significant reduction of the risk of a chronic eye diseases like macular degeneration.
8. Age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) is also a problem for the aged persons because it may to lead cause of legal blindness among the elderly and it has no cure. lutein and zeaxanthin plays a vital role for preventing this Age-related mascular degeneration (ARMD) disease.
9. Lutein and zeaxanthin also helpful for or eyes. Researchers believe that Lutein and zeaxanthin are the powerful antioxidants that protect the clear proteins in the lens ( in eyes ) from undergoing the oxidation. In this way Lutein and zeaxanthin protect our lens from becoming cloudy.
10. Hardening of the arteries is one of the cause of heart attack and stroke. Some research results suggest that lutein is active to prevent hardening of the arteries.
11. Maize contains beta-cryptoxanthin, and beta-cryptoxanthin is known as cousin of vitamin A.
12. Thiamin (vitamin B1) that act as a helper to convert carbohydrates of body cells into energy. Maize is a Thiamin (vitamin B1).
13. Thiamin (vitamin B1) also a important substance for the proper functioning of the nervous system, heart and muscles of our body.